Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Reebok All Terrain Thunder 2.0 Product Review


 So I was able to run these shoes through a few workouts, and the savage games (review link here). Savage was nice because I got to use them climbing up a rope, which do better than some of the other shoes I have run in.I got a feel for what it would be like running over random materials. One note is that we had to do somersaults, and the laces came undone, I was pushing hard off my feet at an awkward angle, but I still had to stop and tighten the quick laces.

Next I went on my first trail run of the season at a local state park. They hold up good, and I ran through snow, ice, water, and toe deep mud. I say toe deep, because my toes were fully submerged, and these shoes are pretty good with an easy 5k, and I bet they will handle longer runs with ease as well, and through all kinds of terrain. now they have plenty of fancy ways to shed off the excess water, the only place i still had water was on top of my toes, and to be fair, it was the last 1/4 of my run, but the bottom of my feet were not holding water. What do you know those fancy drainage holes on the bottom work (insert drainage hole pic) They also have drainage through the upper part of the toe box which is why i think it is not fair to comment on the little water they did hold. Along with water drainage the coating on the shoe keeps mud from getting too bad, which means all those sharp colors (which i have been complimented on a bunch) stay in sight, not completely covered with mud. The bulkiness of the shoes does not seem to be a big deal when you are moving, I have only really noticed them when walking. But I think it also kind of nice, they allow you to wear big wool socks and not feel really tight. but you may notice it more if you wear thin socks.That being said, I should have gone down a half size for me, but i am right on the line for size 11.

This past weekend I ran the New Jersey Beast in them, and they held up well. Good grip going up the mountain, and good grip going down, handling the snow on course just as easily as the mud. Now I am not the biggest fan of speed laces, because I believe that you can do more with conventional laces to make your shoes fit better, and there are a million and one ways to do it, (a quick google search will net you more than you could have asked for). The velcro at the top, holds the laces so you do not trip on them, but that piece of velcro came undone about 4 times through the course, and I still had to readjust the shoe laces, not the worst thing, but it shows that the new lacing system needs to be tweaked a little more. Clean up has to be the easiest I have ever done!, you could barely tell that they had been put through about 13 miles of trail, and mud, and water when i had crossed the finish line. So what ever coating they have, it really works. The drainage was pretty good, there were some heavier water areas that took longer to get rid of, but they did drain very well, and fairly quickly. which is nice because they have pretty good color and design on them. When I finished i did still have mud in my shoes, and some smaller rocks they did not get stopped by the fancy lace coverage, but they probably kept out many others, just not all, and in a 13 mile race, I guess it happens. It has plenty of cushioning for jumping off walls and things. Speaking of walls, when i tried to run up the 10ft wall, as soon as my foot hit the wall it slid down, no grip to be had on wood, but good on the trails, these shoes are not the most aggressive, but they will do the trick. The shoes are pretty rugged, and when you try to bend they do not bend as much, so unlike the other all terrain series, these shoes sre not minimalist, but trust me you can still run fast in them. You can find them here the only question left is are they worth the 125, well if you have the money, and want a shoe that drains water well, and has decent traction, that feels pretty strong, and do not like the minimalist movement, then these are worth it to look into, i will put these to the test this year, and run most of my races in these guys.

2 comments:

  1. I want many of the reviews, Choose truly loved, We would like addiitional info over it, since it is actually fairly superb., Relation simply for saying. Buyer's Guides

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truly good site post. Not too many people would actually, the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you’ve done your best, with so much class. If wanted to know more about green smoke reviews, than by all means come in and check our stuff. ABetsPro

    ReplyDelete